Cathedral Church of St. Peter
Weekdays & Saturdays 08.30-16.30
Bradford city centre
|Sunday||Choral Eucharist 10.15; Choral evensong 16.00|
|Weekdays||Choral Evensong 17.30 Mon (girls & men), Tue (boys & men) & Thu (alternate weeks boys or girls); Organ Recital 13.00 Wed|
Music list www.bradfordcathedral.org/music/music-lists/
Entrance: The Cathedral is located centrally in Bradford, within a Cathedral Close, with pedestrian entrances off Stott Hill, Church Bank and Bolton Road
Disabled: Disabled parking in the Cathedral Close via the entrance off Stott Hill
By arrangement; day time & evening Pilgrimages
E-mail address: email@example.com
Cathedral Office 01274 777720
Director of Music
Alexander Berry (since 2017)
There are three ensembles within the Choral Foundation: the Choir of Boys and Men, the Choir of Girls and Men and the Cathedral Consort. Boys and Girls take a fifty percent each share of the singing and are recruited from a wide range of schools across the district. All members of the Cathedral Choir, children and adults alike, are volunteers.
Originally William Hill 1904, rebuilt in 1961 by Hill, Norman & Beard, and by J W Walker 1977. An Organ Appeal, launched in February 2013, will see the restoration and enhancement of the instrument in time for the Cathedral’s centenary celebrations in 2019. 4 manuals 72 stops: Pedal 15 stops, Nave pedal 3 stops, Chancel 9 stops, Great 13 stops, Swell 13 stops, Solo 9 stops, Nave 10 stops
The Very Revd Jeremy Lepine (since 2014)
The Right Revd Nick Baines (Bishop of Leeds) (since 2014)
Bishop: Bradford Cathedral is one of three equal Cathedrals in the Diocese of West Yorkshire and the Dales. The diocesan bishop is the Bishop of Leeds; Bradford also has its own Area Bishop, The Right Revd Toby Howarth (Bishop of Bradford from October 2014)
The present building, which became a Cathedral in 1919, dates back to
1458 with the Nave arcades.
The perpendicular tower was built in 1508, whilst the exterior of the Nave,
with its Gothic style main porch, was rebuilt in 1830.
There is a William Morris window in the North Ambulatory.