Cathedral Church of the Holy & Undivided Trinity
Bristol city centre
|Sunday||Eucharist 10.00; Choral Evensong 15.30|
|Weekdays||Choral Evensong 17.15 Mon-Fri; 15.30 Sat|
Music list www.bristol-cathedral.co.uk/index.php?id=24
Organist & Master of the Choristers
Mark Lee (since 1998)
The Choir consists of 28 Choristers (14 boys and 14 girls) all educated at Bristol Cathedral Choir School, six Lay Clerks and four Choral Scholars. The Cathedral Consort is a mixed choir for young people, the girls of which were previously known as Bristol Cathedral Girls' Choir. They sing evensong twice a month.
Built by J W Walker in 1907, incorporating earlier fine work of Renatus Harris. Restoration N P Mander 1990 & 2005
4 manuals 65 stops:
Pedal 15 stops, Choir 10 stops, Great 16 stops, Swell 16 stops, Solo 8 stops
The Very Revd David Hoyle (since 2010)
The Right Revd Michael Hill (since 1993)
An earlier abbey was turned into the Cathedral in 1542. G E Street completed the building of the Nave in 1877 and J L Pearson added two towers at the west end. The 'Harrowing of Hell' is one of the finest examples of Saxon Stone in the country, dating from before the Norman Conquest.