Cambridge - Pembroke College
|Sunday||Choral Evensong 18.15|
Porters' Lodge 01223 338100
Director of College Music
Dr Sam Barrett (since )
The Chapel choir consists of 24 graduates and undergraduates who sing Sunday Evensong and other occasional services during the term. They give regular concerts and have made a number of tours and recordings. They are directed by the two organ scholars.
The original 1708 organ was by Father Smith, situated on the Wren Gallery. It was substantially rebiult in 1980 by N P Mander as a two manual, with mechanical action and 21 stops.
The Dean & Chaplain
The Revd Dr James Gardom (since )
Pembroke was founded in 1347 by Marie, Countess of Pembroke. with its original buildings comprising a single court, the First Court, with the College Chapel. This eventually became the Library when in 1663 Wren built a new Chapel, the first of his many Cambridge buildings. The 17th century saw the building of Ivy Court and the 1870s many new buildings by Alfred Waterhouse - Library, Master's Lodge, Residential Building. New Court, by George Gilbert Scott, was added in the 1880s, whilst the 20th century saw further expansion in the Orchard Building and Foundress Court, completed in 1997.
FCM at Cambridge
FCM Diocesan Representative
Thomas Neal (Clare College)