Oxford - Lincoln College
|Sunday||17.30 Choral Evensong, Holy Communion on 4th Sunday|
The choir is a mixed voices choir singing the Sunday service and some mid-week services. It is trained by the two organ scholars, who are elected for three years, and who are responsible for all Chapel music. Three choral scolarships are awarded each year and the choir has recently made a number of very successful CD recordings.
The organ is a two manual pneumatic action 1936 instrument by Harrison & Harrison, revoiced in 1995.
The Revd Gregory Platten (since 2007)
The College was founded by Bishop Fleming to train clergy and received its charter in 1427. The College Chapel was built in 1629-1631 and has remained untouched since John Wesley's time at the college. It has the finest painted glass in Oxford and is also famous for the beautiful cedar wood screen and the carved ceiling, both constructed in the 17th century.
FCM at Oxford
FCM Diocesan Representative