Oxford - Pembroke College
|Sunday||Choral Evensong 17.30|
Porters Lodge & Switchboard 01865 276444
Chaplain 01865 286276
The choir is a mixed voices choir drawn from across the university and city. It toured to Estonia in the summer of 2207. There are two organ scholars who are responsible for training the choir.
There was no music in the Chapel until 1983 when the Charles Martin organ was built in the Ante-Chapel. In the 1990s this was replaced by a new organ built by Fernand Letourneau of Canada.
The Revd Dr Andrew Teal (since )
The college, founded in 1624, has fine buildings from the 16th century to the 20th century, especially the Chapel Quad, considered one of Oxford's best kept secrets. The Damon Wells Chapel, with its plain, classical exterior and ornate, elaborate interior, was designed and built by William Townsend in 1732. It was completely restored in the 1970s through the generosity of Dr Damon Wells.
FCM at Oxford
FCM Diocesan Representative