Oxford - St John's College
|Sunday||Sung Evensong 18.00|
Myles Hartley (since )
The college has had a choral tradition since its foudation in 1555. The choir is selected by audition and consists of 26 members drawn from across the university. It has one organ scholar.
A new organ was built in 2007 by Bern & Aubertin of France. It has 32 stops over 3 manuals.
The Revd Dr Liz Carmichael (since )
The college was founded in 1555 by Sir Tomas White, a wealthy London merchant, as a producer of Anglican clergy. The Chapel was consecrated in 1530 but re-dedicated to St John the Baptist in 1557. The present building's interior is mainly Victorian Gothic.
FCM at Oxford
FCM Diocesan Representative