Oxford - Wadham College
Term - 13.00-16.15, Out of Term - 10.30-11.45 & 13.00-16.15
|Sunday||Choral Evensong 18.30|
Porter's Lodge 01865 277937
Chaplain 01865 277905
Brookman Organ Scholar & College Organist
Dr Katharine Pardee (since )
The Choir is a mixed auditioned choir, drawn from Wadham and elsewhere. It is about to appoint up to 8 Choral Scholarships.
The organ is a notable Father Willis instrument of 1862.
The Revd Dr Harriet Harris (since )
The college was founded by Nicholas & Dorothy Wadham in 1613. The main building, by William Arnold, is a fairly traditional Oxford Gothic design. The Great Hall is notable for its great hammer-beam roof and for the Jacobean woodwork of the entrance screen. The garden, one of the best in Oxford, was laid out in its present form in 1796. The Chapel is part of the original College building of 1610, in a conservative Gothic style. Its great screen is by William Bolton, the pulpit original but the sanctuary stonework and ceiling are of 1832 and the glass is a mix of 17th century and Victorian.
FCM at Oxford
FCM Diocesan Representative