London - All Saints, Margaret Street
|Sunday||High Mass 11.00, Choral Evensong 18.00|
Parish Office 020 7636 1788
Director of Music
Paul Brough (since )
A Choir School existed from 1843 until 1968, providing music for daily services. The boys voices were then replaced by sopranos in a professional mixed choir.
Fr Alan Moses (since )
All Saints owes its origin to the Campden Society, who in 1841desired to build a 'model church on a large and splendid scale' in the Gothic style. Their project was supervised and largely sponsored by Alexander Beresford-Hope MP, who chose William Butterfield as its architect. The interior is a kaleidoscope of coloured tiles, brick, painting, and gilding and owes much to Ruskin's 'The Seven Lamps of Architecture'. The exterior is dominated by the 227 ft spire soaring above the courtyard. The brickwork is distinguished by its pink colouring and the bold chequered patterning.