London - The Queen's Chapel of the Savoy
Chapel of St. John the Baptist
|Sunday||Sung Eucharist & Choral Matins alternately 11.00|
Verger 020 7836 7221
Master of the Music
Philip Berg (since )
HM The Queen presented a new 3 manual Walker organ in 1965.
new appointment in January (since )
The Chapel is the last surviving building of a hospital founded by Henry V11 for homeless people in 1512. It will be found by turning right out of the Savoy Hotel, into the Strand, and taking the first street on the right. The Chapel is a Royal 'peculiar' in HM The Queen's right as Duke of Lancaster. It is also the Chapel of the Royal Victorian Order. A new garden was designed in 2003 in the former churchyard of the Hospital.